Saturday, October 24, 2009

The magic of dogzillalives




Here is the interview with dogzillalives...i've chatted with her and seen her shop on etsy grow and been amazed at the new pieces she's added. I learned through this interview that she is self-taught! Be sure to check out her shop and see her fabulous bracelets and necklaces.

1) How long have you been selling on etsy?

Since late April of this year.

2) Do you have advice for etsy newbies?

Don't give up! Keep creating, keep listing, and keep promoting!!

3) What are your fave etsy shops and why?

That is a hard question!! There are so many talented people on etsy, its hard to choose! I found this one the other day,glassaddictbeads.etsy.com they make these lampwork beads and the colors are just WOW.

4) What are your fave pieces in your shop and why?

The octopus arms have to be my favorite right now. I've never seen anything like them, I amaze myself sometimes. hahaha

5) What plans do you have for your shop?

Well, I'm trying to start making simpler, more inexpensive pieces, but its been hard for me to grasp the whole "simple" concept. O_o

6) How long have you been creating art?
For as long as I can remember. I am self taught, there is always something new to learn. Art is an amazing never ending process.

7) Who are your art heroes?
Hmmm, I wouldn't say heroes, but some of my all time faves are H.R. Giger, Salvador Dali, and Alphonse Mucha.

8) Where do your ideas come from?
My head, haha. I don't think I could ever get all the ideas out even if I lived to be 100. Nature, plants, fungi, sealife. The possibilities are endless.

9) What do you do when you have a creative block?

Go outside, or read a good non-fiction book, and of course hang out with my 2 year old.

10) What other interests do you have that feed into your art?

I love going to thrift stores and looking for junk that i can use in my next masterpiece. ;^D
Here is her lovely shop http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7266795

5 comments:

Lisa Perrin said...

gorgeous work!

paintingpam said...

I can see the nature influence in your work.

www.paintingpam.etsy.com
http://paintingpam.blogspot.com

ceejay said...

Gorgeous artwork, stunning. Thank you for introducing this Etsy artisan.

sue said...

absolutely gorgeous work

magdamagda said...

such a rich artistic concept:)