Monday, October 5, 2009

Finally took pics of porcelain person in progress...


One of the pictures I took the other day while working on my porcelain woman sculpture/puppet.I've been going to my mom's clay studio to work on her for the past month or so,which is pretty disciplined for me, and she has no cracks or anything! I just went to work on her more this Sunday which meant hollowing out her insides so she isn't heavy and doesn't explode. Solid clay figures will explode because tiny air bubbles in the clay expand in the heat of the kiln oven. I will post more photos as I recieve them.

4 comments:

LEFTZ said...

You are amazing. I'm glad you are being so disciplined, it really shows.

Robin said...

Very cool. Clay can be precarious, for sure! I wanted to say thanks for the kind words over at my blog about my father.

Thanks!

-Robin
www.robingillis.blogspot.com

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

Hi! I came to visit from the etsy forums. Really like the sculptures!

Dora
http://CoffeeAndPaintDrips.blogspot.com

ArtPropelled said...

Your porcelain pieces are fantastic!