Thursday, April 1, 2010

An update on the slowly drying brown puppet woman!
















My slowly drying brown puppet woman is finally fired today! It has been quite a process slowly and carefully making sure that her parts don't crack. Fortunately, the clay that I chose to use which is a terracotta with mica flecks, holds water like a sponge! I originally stopped working with water based clay because I got so frustrated with it drying fast and collapsing or cracking. This terracotta clay is fantastic though! It is great for sculpture because it has ' grog' or big bits of sand that make it more like bricks( ie stronger). I also think that I appreciate water based clay a lot more now so it makes me able to be more patient.
Here are some photos of her drying and when I have photos of what she looks like fired I will post them. Thanks so much for all of your interest in her!
Also, here are a couple of pics of some other work in progress that are going to be in shadow boxes I think...

1 comment:

Antonio Estevez said...

Wow this is looking great! Can't wait to see the finished product.