This artist makes everything from handbags to shawls and she makes them so well and with a distinctive touch that is all her own. Felting is a process that I don't know much about and so how she creates these pieces is fascinating to me. I hope you'll check out her shop to see the full range of what she is capable of.
1) How long have you been selling on etsy? I have been selling on Etsy since April 2009
2) Do you have advice for etsy newbies? I think you have to be original, both in your creations as well as your photo's and titles.
3) What are your fave etsy shops and why? I have a few favorite shops and especially the shops where i can buy exclusive fibers, mostly wool with other materials carded in a unique bat. Furthermore, when I am looking for something special for my daughter or myself I look on Etsy.
4) What are your fave pieces in your shop and why? I had a seamless felted fairy coat, it was not on Etsy (on flicr it is showed) which was my absolute favorite because of the colors and the model. This has been sold yesterday in a fair. My favorite in my shop now is the "Hole in one" 3D felted boa. This is in my opinion very unique.
5) What plans do you have for your shop? I will link the etsy shop to my website. At first my website www.dutchfeltart.com was just a gallery but a lot of people ask for a shop.
6) How long have you been creating art? Since I can remember I have been busy with fabrics and fibers approx 8 years ago I started with woolspinning and I suggested the group to do something else with the fibers and I started small workshops at home.
7) Who are your art heroes? Brigitte Krag Hansen
8) Where do your ideas come from? Ideas come when I am playing with my daughter or when I read a bedtime story (most of the times it is about elves, pixies and fairies) , walking in the nature, or when I am sitting on my attic with all the fantastic fibers around me.
9) What do you do when you have a creative block? Nothing. A few years ago I just kept on with felting projects but when I finished them I just was not satisfied about the creations. Nowadays I accept not to play with fibers for a short time and I noticed inspirations comes much quicker in that way.
10) What other interests do you have that feed into your art? Fantasy world, walking in the nature, or just sitting on a terrace and observing everyone and everything.
11) How did you get interested in your medium? Wanted to do something with the wool from our sheep and then I got fascinated the way felt was made.
Here is her contact info: Share Your Website Address: http://www.dutchfeltart.com
Visit My Shop @ http://dutchfeltart.etsy.com
See More of My Crafts @ http://dutchfeltart.blogspot.com/