Monday, August 10, 2009

Presenting..AmorandStitch!!




Another wonderful etsyian! Her work reminds me of the tradition of needlework and yet it is definately modern. She blends the bold and the feminine...I hope you will enjoy her work.
1) How long have you been selling on etsy?

Since mid June 2009

2) Do you have advice for etsy newbies?

Do all you can to promote yourself and take a visit to chat as I have met some wonderful people there who have been very helpful. Believe in yourself, the sales will happen!!

3) What are your fave etsy shops and why?
I love ComestibleKid's Shop, as it's got some really funky retro items. I love nearnu, vintagebarcelona because I love vintage wear I own lots of vintage myself and you can never have enough : ) and I love the thinking about who owned it before me, where its been e.t.c


4) What are your fave pieces in your shop and why?

I love my pendants, as they are so unique and I am going to start to create interchangeable art pieces for people to purchase so they can change the look of the pendant. I like the Geisha girl, as she is so beautiful and it took me a long time to create this piece so I don't think I will do another, and Finally I love 'A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child' cushion as it is a lovely way to capture a memory of your newborn or child.

5) What plans do you have for your shop?

I am really enjoying etsy and I plan to continue making and listing, but I also want to create some prints of my art to make cards and art canvas's for the wall. I have also just launched my own website www.amorandstitch.com check it out!

6) How long have you been creating art?

I have been creating art since I was a child, I went from school to college onto university I then worked as an art psychotherapist for 8 years. In that time I discovered the magically link between emotions and art on a much deeper level. I am noe enjoying being a mum of two little people and creating my art.

7) Who are your art heroes?

I love Gustav Klimt,Tretchikoff,Andy Goldsworthy,Jean Micheal Basquit are just a few of art heroes.

8) Where do your ideas come from?

I get inspiration from lots of different areas, but I mostly sit in my garden watching my children playing and make sketches of possible art pieces, so I guess from life.

9) What do you do when you have a creative block?

Read a book, the one I am reading at the moment is 'Angels in my Hair' by Lorna Byrne, is wonderful.

10) What other interests do you have that feed into your art?

I guess my love for vintage, as I like to use vintage images and materials in my work, i am starting a new collection of embroidered postcards next week.

2 comments:

Lisa Perrin said...

man, I love embroidery! and that heart you're working on sounds awesome! can't wait to see it :)

KimberlyRose said...

such beautiful work!